New Term starting September 2018!!
download form here:
Wednesday September 5th,
1pm to 3pm
Knocklyon Community Centre
Classes Start Date:
Week starting Monday 10th of September
Limited spaces available:
We have limited spaces available in classes..
Children that finish the last term of classes have preference to retake their place a basketball again. If they choose not to take their place again we go to the waiting list.
Classes fill up very quickly so please don’t hesitate to contact regarding classes.
Please fill in your details on the contact page to enquire about spaces available or alternatively text Brian on 0877215082.
September 2018 Class Timetable
Cost: 70 Euro
2 Children – 130 Euro
3 children – 190 Euro
(discount is when enrolling siblings)
Duration: 10 weeks ( we run in line with school holidays, so no school = no basketball class!)
Click on link below to download an enrolment form:
Classes start September 2016!
Priority is given to children who ended last term in May. These places will be held until Friday 2nd of September. We cannot guarantee your child’s place after that date if we have not heard back from you to confirm your place.
About the Classes
BG Basketball prides itself on providing safe and very enjoyable after school basketball classes for primary school children of all standards (from beginners to advanced). As well as fun exercise, we develop kids basketball skills and fundamental physical and social skills that help them in life.
Classes are for:
- Boys & Girls
- Junior infants to 6th class
- All standards
- Children from all schools
Principles of classes:
- Safety, inclusion, and an enjoyable time for all participants.
- From learning the basics of basketball to further skill development individually and as a group.
- Physical: Exercise (obvious benefits of being healthy)
Introduction to active play for small children
- Development of fundamental physical skills (coordination & movement)
- Introduction to team play
- Development of fundamental social skills (inclusion, interaction, & communication)
- Building self-esteem
These are just some of the benefits children attain attending BG Basketball classes.
Classes are structured with a predetermined plan to introduce children to new skills and ideas as they develop in age. Classes are dynamic to keep children on their toes and are full of different games so they are always having fun while learning new skills and practicing.
- All coaches are experienced players and coaches, reliable and trustworthy.
- Garda vetted.
- Child to coach ratio (10 kids/1 coach) is excellent and assures all children get sufficient attention and are well taken care of!
- There is always a coach present with full first aid qualifications also.